Smash burger with guacamole and roasted cabbage
- 1 lb 450 g ground beef, preferably chuck
- salt or ground black pepper
- 1 lb 450 g
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Divide the ground beef into two balls per serving, about 4 oz. (110 grams) each.
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat.
- When the pan is smoking hot, place the meatballs in the pan and press them down with a grill press, spatula, or the bottom of a glass, until less than 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Fry for about 2 minutes on each side or until the burgers have a nice brown crust.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Split the green cabbage into long wedges and remove the thick stem in the middle. Cut slices — less than 1-inch (2.5 cm) wide — and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, or in a large baking dish.
- Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cabbage is roasted.
- Peel the avocado and mash it with a fork.
- Add the tomato, lime juice, cilantro, and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix until well combined.