Sausage-crusted keto quiche
- 12 oz. 350 g fresh sausage, casings removed
- ¼ cup (1 oz.) 60 ml (28 g) almond flour
- ½ cup (11⁄3 oz.) 120 ml (40 g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6 oz. 170 g ham, cured, cubed or sliced
- 12 oz. 350 g bacon, chopped and cooked
- 1½ cups (6 oz.) 350 ml (170 g) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 6 large egglarge eggs
- 1¼ cups 300 ml
- 1⁄8 tsp 1⁄8 tsp salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Use your hands or a hand mixer to combine the sausage meat, almond flour, and Parmesan cheese.
- Press the sausage mixture along the bottom and up the sides of a 9" (23 cm) pie plate. (You can also cook in a 9" x 9" (23 x 23 cm) casserole dish.) Sausage crust should be evenly distributed and about ¼ inch (6 mm) thick throughout. Be sure to press the sausage crust firmly and all the way to the rim of the dish. The sausage will shrink and pull away from the sides as it cooks.
- Once the crust is formed, sprinkle the ham, ¾ of the cooked chopped bacon, and 1¼ cups (3 dl) of the cheddar cheese evenly over the crust.
- Whisk or beat the eggs, heavy cream, and salt until frothy. Pour the egg mixture on top of the ham, bacon, and cheese. Sprinkle the top of the egg mixture with the remaining bacon and cheese.
- Bake 45–55 minutes or until the center is set and the sausage is fully cooked.
- Let sit for at least 10 minutes before serving.
To discourage too much browning of the top but ensure the quiche is cooked through, place a piece of tinfoil over the top in the last 15 minutes.