Quick and easy keto tuna zoodle salad
What's a great dish for a hot summer night? A cool salad. This keto recipe combines hardboiled eggs, canned tuna, sliced tomatoes, and crisp, fresh zucchini zoodles in a mayonnaise sauce. It's refreshing and satisfying, with plenty of protein and only 6 grams of carbs.
- 4 4 large egglarge eggs
- 15 oz. 425 g canned tuna in water, drained
- ¾ cup 180 ml mayonnaise
- 2 tsp 2 tsp onion powder
- 6 oz. (1 cup) 170 g (220 ml) tomato, dicedtomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 13⁄10 lbs 600 g zucchini, or ready made zucchini noodles
- ground black pepper and salt, to taste
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Carefully put the eggs in a pot with boiling water with a big spoon. Add a pinch of salt to the water for easier peeling. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes for soft-boiled eggs, 6 to 8 minutes for medium, and 8-10 minutes for hard-boiled eggs. Transfer the eggs to a bowl of cold water to cool, for 2 to 5 minutes. Peel the eggs, slice each in half, and set aside.
- Mix the tuna, mayo, and onion powder in a medium-sized bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Create zucchini spirals using a spiralizer, or make thin strips, using a potato peeler. Toss the zoodles in a bowl together with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- For serving, divide the zoodles onto plates, and top with the tuna, diced tomatoes, and eggs. Enjoy right away.
Thank you for the recipe.