Prosciutto-wrapped chicken thighs with garlic cream sauce
- 4 oz. 110 g prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 2 lbs 900 g skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup 240 ml
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried sage or dried thyme (optional)
- 2 cups (4 oz.) 475 ml (110 g) leafy greens
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh basil (optional)
- Wrap the chicken thighs with the prosciutto. Pepper on both sides. The prosciutto is salty so adding more salt to the chicken is not necessary.
- Bring a large frying pan to medium-high heat with butter. Place the chicken in the pan and cook until golden brown on both sides. Make sure the pan is not too crowded. You might need to cook the chicken in batches to cook them evenly. The chicken is done when the internal temperature has reached 165°F (73°C). Remove the chicken from the pan and keep warm.
- Reduce to low heat, and add cream and garlic to the pan you cooked the chicken in. Stir to combine the remaining chicken fat into the sauce. Taste and season with sage (optional), salt, and pepper accordingly.
- Simmer until the sauce has reduced to your liking. The longer it cooks the thicker it will get. Place the chicken back in the pan with the sauce to reheat for a couple of minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil (optional) and serve the chicken and the lovely sauce with leafy greens.
If you can’t find skinless chicken, use skin-on and bone-in thighs, and cook to an internal temperature of 165 °F (74 °C).
This dish will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days or frozen for up to 2 months.
Add a splash of lemon juice and lemon zest for a fresh aromatic flavor.
Diet Doctor's Recipe Team has slightly modified this recipe to follow our recipe and nutritional guidelines. You’ll find the original recipe here: Fat For Weight Loss - Prosciutto wrapped chicken thighs.