Pork roast with cream sauce and butter-fried cauliflower
Rich and savory pork roast gets kicked up a notch with a decadent cream sauce and amazing butter-fried cauliflower. Umami at its finest!
- 2 lbs 900 g pork roast
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup 180 ml water
- juices from the roast, about one cup (240 ml) for every 2 lbs (900 g) of roast or chicken broth
- 1 cup 240 ml heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper
- 2 lbs 900 g cauliflower, in florets
- 4 oz. 110 g butter
- salt and pepper
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat the oven to about 350°F (170°C), the smaller the roast, the higher the temperature.
- Bring out the meat ahead. Cold meat may take about 30 minutes more to cook and risk being unevenly cooked.
- Mix apple sauce, soy sauce and spices and brush or rub on to the roast. Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the roast.
- Place in a baking dish on lower rack. Roast until the inner temperature is about 165°F (75°C). This will take about 1 ½ hrs. Add water towards the end.
- Remove the roast and let sit for 10-15 minutes to make it easier to cut.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Strain the juices and bring to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce by a third or half for a few minutes on high heat.
- Add the cream and let simmer for another 10–15 minutes on medium high, or until you think it's done. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Trim the cauliflower and divide into small florets. Fry on medium heat in butter for 10-15 minutes. Salt and pepper.
- Slice the roast into ¼ inch (½ cm) thick slices and serve with the sauce and butter-fried cauliflower or other side dish of your choice.
Serve this dish with our pickled red onions or some dill pickles.