Making a stir-fry is a great way to put a delicious dinner on the table in no time! This low-carb recipe is a real winner for busy weeknights. Tender pieces of turkey and lots of vegetables with a flavorful dollop of wasabi mayo on top.
- ¾ cup 175 ml mayonnaise
- ½ tablespoon ½ tablespoon wasabi paste
- 1 1 lime, juice and zestlimes, juice and zest
- 1 lb 450 g turkey breast or chicken breastchicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon green curry paste or red curry paste
- 4 tablespoons 60 ml coconut oil
- 1 lb 450 g green cabbage
- 1 1 red bell pepperred bell peppers
- 3 oz. 75 g celery stalkcelery stalks
- 1 1 yellow onionyellow onions
- 4 oz. 110 g fresh green beans
- Mix all ingredients for the wasabi mayo. Set aside in the fridge.
- Slice your turkey or chicken as thinly as possible.
- Mix tamari soy sauce, curry paste, grated ginger and half of the coconut oil in a medium-sized bowl. Add the turkey and blend to cover the meat. Set aside to marinate while you cut the vegetables.
- Cut the vegetables in bite-sized pieces.
- Heat the rest of the coconut oil in a large skillet or wok pan on high heat.
- Add the cabbage first and fry while stirring. Let it brown and char a bit, this gives this dish character. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the cabbage in a heat-proof dish and keep warm.
- Fry the turkey on high heat in the same pan used for the cabbage. When the pieces are golden you can place them with the cabbage.
- Add the remaining vegetables to the pan and fry for a few minutes, add additional oil if needed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the turkey and cabbage back in the pan and combine with the vegetables, check for additional seasoning and serve with the wasabi mayonnaise.
You can use any type of meat in this dish – beef, pork or poultry. You can also make it vegetarian by cracking a few eggs in the dish instead of the meat. Allow the eggs to set before serving.