Pan-fried cod with beet salad and browned butter
- 1½ lbs 650 g cod filets or other sustainable white fish, cut into portion sized pieces
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter for frying
- salt and pepper
- 2 2 boiled beet, cubedboiled beets, cubed
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp non-pareil capers
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp 2 tsp fresh dill
- 11 oz. 300 g broccoli florets
- 11 oz. 300 g cauliflower florets
- 1 1 carrot, cut into roundscarrots, cut into rounds
- 5 oz. 150 g butter
- Season the fish with salt and pepper.
- Fry the fish in a large frying pan over medium heat in a frying pan for about 3 minutes on each side.
- In a small bowl combine the cubed beets capers, dill, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Boil broccoli, carrots and cauliflower in salter water for a couple of minutes.
- Heat a thick bottomed saucepan on medium heat. Add butter cut into cubes. Continue whisking until the butter reaches a golden color and has a nice nutty aroma. Remove butter from the heat.
- Plate the cod with the boiled vegetables and pour the browned butter over both. Alongside, plate the beet salad.