Pan-fried cod with beet salad and browned butter
A rainbow of taste and color, this Scandinavian dish features fried cod with a capers & beet salad, with a side of broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. Topped with a browned butter sauce, the dish is fast, simple and pleasing to both the palate and the eye.
- 1½ lbs 650 g cod, boneless fillet filetscod, boneless fillets filets or other sustainable white fish fillet, cut into portion sized piecesother sustainable white fish fillets, cut into portion sized pieces
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter for frying
- salt and pepper
Capers and beet salad
- 2 2 boiled beet, cubedboiled beets, cubed
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp non-pareil capers
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp 2 tsp fresh dill
- 11 oz. (3½ cups) 300 g (800 ml) broccoli florets
- 11 oz. 300 g cauliflower florets
- 1 (2¼ oz.) 1 (60 g) carrot, cut into roundscarrots, cut into rounds
- 5 oz. 140 g butter
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Season the fish with salt and pepper. Fry the fish in a large frying pan over medium heat in a frying pan for about 3 minutes on each side.
- In a small bowl combine the cubed beets capers, dill, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Boil broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower in salted water for a couple of minutes.
- Heat a thick-bottomed saucepan on medium heat. Add the butter cut into cubes. Continue whisking until the butter reaches a golden color and has a nice nutty aroma. Remove butter from the heat.
- Plate the cod with the boiled vegetables and pour the browned butter over both. Alongside, plate the beet salad.