Lemon-baked salmon sheet pan
- ½ (1 lb) ½ (425 g) cauliflower head, horizontally sliced
- 1¾ lbs 800 g salmon, boneless filletsalmon, boneless fillets
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 4 sprigs of fresh dill
- 1 1 lemon, slicedlemons, sliced
- ¼ cup (1¼ oz.) 60 ml (35 g) pine nuts
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried tarragon or dried basil
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp olive oil
- About 30 minutes prior to cooking, remove the salmon from the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a medium saucepan set over high heat, bring water to a boil. Once boiling, add the cauliflower and blanch it for 4 minutes; drain and set it aside.
- Place each piece of salmon skin side down on the baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Top each fillet with a sprig of the dill and some lemon slices.
- Place the parboiled cauliflower around the salmon. Sprinkle with pine nuts and tarragon. Drizzle everything with olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the internal temperature of the salmon reaches 145°F (62°C).
- Remove the salmon from the oven and allow it to rest for 5 minutes. Serve each piece of salmon with cauliflower and pine nuts.
The cooked salmon will keep for five days in meal prep containers. If you do not have tarragon, replace it with chervil, basil, or fennel seed.
Diet Doctor's Recipe Team has slightly modified this recipe to follow our recipe and nutritional guidelines. You'll find the original recipe in Aaron's ebook, "Sheet Pan Dinners".
Nice! Thanks for sharing!