Keto creamy parmesan garlic mushroom chicken
- 1½ lbs 650 g boneless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- 8 oz. 225 g baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 4 4 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- avocado oil
- 1½ cups 350 ml heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup 225 ml chicken broth
- 2 oz. 50 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp 1 tsp fresh parsley
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Cook in a frying pan or skillet until browned and cooked through; Remove chicken to a plate with a slotted spoon, reserving juices in the pan.
- Add garlic to the frying pan and stir-fry until soft; add mushrooms and sauté until softened, for about 5-7 minutes.
- On low heat, add chicken broth and heavy cream, stirring well. Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes stirring often. Stir in parmesan cheese until melted. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chicken back into skillet and coat with sauce. Serve garnished with parsley.
Serve with a fresh side salad or steamed low carb vegetables like broccoli, spinach, or asparagus.
While chicken thighs are flavorful and satiating because of their higher fat content, feel free to make the dish with chicken breasts (preferably skin on) or chicken drumsticks, or a mix of both. You can also substitute pork chops or slices of pork tenderloin.