Keto chicken zoodle al limone
- 1½ lbs 650 g , spiralized
- 4 4 garlic clove, finely choppedgarlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 12⁄3 lbs 750 g boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1 lemon, juice and zestlemons, juice and zest
- 1 cup 225 ml
- 2 oz. 50 g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Spiralize your zucchini and put them in a colander over the sink to drain. If you don’t have a spiralizer you can use a vegetable peeler.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the finely chopped garlic and the thyme and cook for a minute or so, stirring constantly to avoid burning, until fragrant.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned all over, approx 10 minutes (you may need to cook the chicken in batches, depending on the size of your pan).
- Add the cream, the lemon zest, and stir to combine. Simmer for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and half of the grated parmesan cheese, stir through and simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Add the zoodles and toss through to coat. Just cook until the zoodles are warm. You still want them to have some “bite” between your teeth and don’t want them to become watery.
- Serve garnished with remaining grated parmesan and black pepper.
The finished dish is not ideal for freezing or storing. However, both the chicken and sauce can be prepared in advance, stored, and frozen.
This dish can be prepared completely dairy-free. Omit the parmesan and replace the cream with coconut milk or coconut cream - or alternatively, simply mix the chicken with the zoodles with olive oil.
Alternative seasoning suggestions include using fresh basil, sundried tomatoes, and artichoke as a garnish.