Grilled picanha with black beans, cabbage and orange
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) , diced, diced
- 2 2 garlic clove, finely choppedgarlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup (6 oz.) 240 ml (170 g) black beans (canned), drained
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- ½ cup (¼ oz.) 120 ml (8 g) , chopped
- 1 lb 450 g , sliced into large wedges
- 1 tsp 1 tsp chipotle powder (optional)
- 2 lbs 900 g sirlon cap (picanha)
- 1 1 orange, slicedoranges, sliced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill to 475°F (250°C).
- Place an oven-safe skillet on the grill with half of the olive oil. When hot, add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion caramelizes, stirring occasionally. Add the beans and season with salt and pepper to taste. Fry for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro before taking the skillet off the grill. Keep warm.
- Drizzle cabbage wedges with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Slice the picanha into 1/4-inch (6 mm) strips, drizzle with the remaining olive oil, and season generously with salt and pepper. Flip the strips over and repeat.
- Place the picanha strips and the cabbage wedges on the grill. Grill the strips on both sides until the fat crisps up. Allow the cabbage to blacken slightly and wilt before taking off the grill.
- Serve the picanha with beans, cabbage wedges, and orange slices.