Ginger lime chicken
- 1½ lbs 650 g chicken breast (without skin)chicken breasts (without skin)
- ¼ cup 60 ml tamari soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 tsp 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 pinch 1 pinch chili flakes, extra for garnish
- 1 tsp 1 tsp (3 g) sesame seeds, toasted, for garnish (optional)
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp , chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Place the chicken breasts in a large shallow bowl. Poke holes in the chicken using a fork. This will help the chicken absorb the marinade.
- Add the soy sauce, lime juice, sesame oil, lime zest, ginger and red pepper flakes to a small bowl and mix to combine. Pour the mixture over the chicken and let marinate in the refrigerator for 3 hours, up to 24 hours.
- Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the chicken to the pan, pouring the additional marinade over top. Cook, turning halfway through until the chicken is nice and caramelized on the outside and cooked all the way through, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes, sesame seeds and cilantro before serving.