Egg-free low-carb Mexican breakfast scramble
- 13 oz. 375 g firm tofu, drained and cut into small cubes .5" (1.5 cm)
- 1 lb 450 g ground turkey
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (120 g) , diced, diced
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) , diced, diced
- salt and pepper
- 1 (7 oz.) 1 (200 g) avocado mashedavocados mashed
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp , finely chopped
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp , dairy-free or vegan
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp lime juice
- In a large frying pan, use half of the oil to brown the turkey meat. Season with salt and pepper. Once the meat is almost cooked add ⅔ of the taco seasoning. Stir well and finish cooking the meat.
- While the meat is cooking, heat the other half of the oil in a separate skillet and cook peppers and onions for 2 min until they begin to soften.
- Add the tofu and the rest of the taco seasoning. Gently cook for a few more minutes until the tofu begins to brown.
- Scoop the meat and the veggie tofu mixture onto a plate or bowl and top with mashed avocado, sour cream, cilantro, and a drizzle of lime juice.
Substitute the tofu for 2 eggs per serving.