Keto crispy marinated tofu
- 1½ tsp 1½ tsp sesame oil
- 1½ tsp 1½ tsp
- 2 tsp 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 14 oz. 400 g firm tofu, cut into 1-inch (2,5 cm) cubes
- Drain tofu first by wrapping the block in a tea towel. Place on a plate and put a wooden chopping board on top, and weigh it down with something heavy, like a pan of water. Let the tofu drain for about 30 min. Place all of the marinade ingredients into a bowl and add the tofu cubes. Mix gently until all of the tofu is evenly coated.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight to allow the flavors to develop.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a large oven tray with parchment paper and spread the tofu out in a single layer.
- Bake for 35 minutes, turning the tofu halfway through.
Store the tofu in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Firm or extra firm tofu is perfect for this recipe, but silken tofu will not work at all.
Don't like tofu?
If you are not vegan and don't eat tofu, we have a terrific substitution to turn this into a delicious vegetarian main course. You can use halloumi cheese squares (8 oz / 225 g) instead of the tofu. If you do so, skip the soy sauce (as halloumi is salty enough) and use coconut aminos instead. Raise the heat to 200°F (400°C), and fry until crispy.
Products made from soy, like tofu, can provide a good source of protein for vegetarians and vegans who follow a low-carb diet. Full DD food policy on soy