Creamy low-carb chicken, kale and cauliflower soup
- 10 oz. 275 g kale or frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz. 110 g , finely chopped, finely chopped
- 1¾ oz. 50 g fresh ginger, finely minced
- 2 2 garlic clove, finely choppedgarlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lb 450 g cauliflower, chopped into smaller pieces
- 10 oz. 275 g cream cheese
- 2 tsp 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 cups 1 liter chicken broth
- 1 lb 450 g cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 oz. 50 g kale, frozen
- 5 tsp 5 tsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp pumpkin seedspumpkins seeds
- Remove the kale from the freezer and set aside in a strainer in the sink to thaw. Leave to drain until you are ready to use it. Portion off the required kale to be used as a garnish.
- Heat the olive oil in a big pot then add onion, ginger, garlic, and cauliflower. Sauté for a couple of minutes until the onion is soft and cauliflower is tender.
- Add the cream cheese, salt, pepper, and lower the heat to medium, stirring until the cheese has melted down.
- Squeeze the excess moisture from the kale and add to the pot. Add the chicken broth, mix until smooth with a hand mixer or in a food processor.
- Return the soup to high heat until just boiling and then reduce heat to a simmer for 10 minutes. Add the chicken. Taste and add extra seasonings accordingly.
- While your soup simmers, place the reserved kale and olive oil into a small food processor and blitz until it forms a puree.
- Toast the pumpkin seeds in a dry pan until golden. Serve the soup drizzled with the kale puree and scattered with toasted pumpkin seeds.
If you forget to thaw the kale in beforehand you can run warm water through the strainer. to speed up the thawing process.
The kale can be swapped out for spinach and the cauliflower rice can be exchanged for florets. Both of these ingredients can be switched for fresh varients also.