Creamy low-carb chicken, kale and cauliflower soup
- 10 oz. 280 g kale or frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz. (2⁄3 cup) 110 g (160 ml) , finely chopped, finely chopped
- 1¾ oz. (½ cup) 50 g (130 ml) fresh ginger, finely minced
- 2 2 garlic clove, finely choppedgarlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lb 450 g cauliflower, chopped into smaller pieces
- 10 oz. (1¼ cups) 280 g (290 ml) cream cheese
- 2 tsp 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 cups 950 ml chicken broth
- 1 lb 450 g cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 oz. 55 g kale, frozen
- 5 tsp 5 tsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp pumpkin seedspumpkins seeds
- Remove the kale from the freezer and set aside in a strainer in the sink to thaw. Leave to drain until you are ready to use it. Portion off the required kale to be used as a garnish.
- Heat the olive oil in a big pot then add onion, ginger, garlic, and cauliflower. Sauté for a couple of minutes until the onion is soft and cauliflower is tender.
- Add the cream cheese, salt, pepper, and lower the heat to medium, stirring until the cheese has melted down.
- Squeeze the excess moisture from the kale and add to the pot. Add the chicken broth, mix until smooth with a hand mixer or in a food processor.
- Return the soup to high heat until just boiling and then reduce heat to a simmer for 10 minutes. Add the chicken. Taste and add extra seasonings accordingly.
- While your soup simmers, place the reserved kale and olive oil into a small food processor and blitz until it forms a puree.
- Toast the pumpkin seeds in a dry pan until golden. Serve the soup drizzled with the kale puree and scattered with toasted pumpkin seeds.