Celery root salad with crispy bacon
A French-inspired savory low carb salad with well-rounded flavors. The combination of mild celery and salty crispy fried pork belly offers an exciting flavor experience everyone should try! Simple, quick, and delish.
Celery root salad
- 1½ lbs 650 g celery root or rutabaga
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp white wine vinegar
- ¾ cup 180 ml mayonnaise
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 lb 450 g extra thick bacon or pancetta
- 5 oz. (4 cups) 140 g (900 ml) lettuce
- 3 oz. 85 g green olives, pitted and sliced
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp pine nuts, lightly roasted
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- olive oil (optional)
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Rinse and peel the celery root and cut into sticks.
- Boil the celery sticks in lightly salted water with the vinegar for 1 minute. Strain the water and cool off the celery with cold water or serve lukewarm.
- Combine celery and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fry the bacon until crispy in a hot dry frying pan.
- Place the celery sticks and lettuce on a plate. Top with roasted pine nuts, sliced olives, and some fresh parsley for extra color. Sprinkle with some olive oil if you like.