Cajun chicken salad with guacamole
- 4 tsp 4 tsp sweet paprika powder
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp dried thyme
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb 450 g chicken breast (without skin)chicken breasts (without skin)
- 7 oz. 200 g sugar snap peas
- 4 4 tomatotomatoes
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 1 avocadoavocados
- 1 1 lime, the juicelimes, the juice
- 2 oz. 50 g
- In a bowl, make the Cajun spice mix. Combine the paprika, thyme, garlic, cayenne, and olive oil. Cut the chicken into long strips. Add the chicken and coat with the spice mixture. Let the chicken marinate for at least 5 minutes (see tip).
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add the peas and cook until al dente. Drain well.
- Quarter, core, and seed the tomatoes. Slice the tomatoes into thin wedges. Do this over a sieve and keep the juices for the vinaigrette.
- Make a vinaigrette with the tomato juice, 2/3 of the olive oil, and salt and pepper.
- Halve, pit, and peel the avocado; put the flesh in a bowl and add the lime juice. Season with salt and pepper, and mash.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the chicken in the rest of the olive oil for 10 to 15 minutes, until cooked through.
- Toss the tomatoes and peas with the arugula, and arrange them on plates.
- Divide the guacamole and chicken strips between the plates. Serve the vinaigrette separately.