Cajun chicken salad with guacamole
- 4 tsp 4 tsp sweet paprika powder
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp dried thyme
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the cajun mix, combine well. Cut the chicken into long strips. Coat with the spice mixture with the chicken and marinate for at least 5 minutes (see tip).
- Bring a saucepan, water to a boil. Add the peas, and cook until al dente. Drain well.
- Quarter, core, and seed the tomatoes. Slice the tomatoes into thin wedges. Do this over a strainer and keep the juices for the vinaigrette.
- Make a vinaigrette with the tomato juice, 2/3 of the olive oil, and salt and pepper.
- Halve, pit, and peel the avocado; put the flesh in a bowl and add the lime juice. Season with salt and pepper, mash until done.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the chicken in the rest of the olive oil for 10 to 15 minutes, until cooked through.
- Toss the tomatoes and peas with the arugula, and arrange them on plates.
- Divide the guacamole and chicken strips between the plates. Serve the vinaigrette separately or on drizzle on top, as you wish.