- 14 oz. 400 g ground beef or any ground meat of choice
- 1 1 eggeggs
- ¾ tsp ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp ketchup (no sugar added) or
- 3 oz. (¾ cup) 85 g (180 ml) cheddar cheese, sliced
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) tomato, slicedtomatoes, sliced
- 1 oz. (¾ cup) 28 g (180 ml) lettuce, shredded
- ¼ (1 oz.) ¼ (28 g) , sliced, sliced
- 2 tsp 2 tsp roasted sesame seeds (optional)
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp ketchup (no sugar added) or
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 1 , finely diced, finely diced
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a bowl, mix the ground meat with egg, salt, and pepper until thoroughly combined.
- The meat will release some meat drippings in the oven so if you have a wire rack baking sheet, use that. If not line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Divide the meat mixture into one piece per serving. Roll into balls and flatten out the meat crust mixture into thin flat circles (about 7" or 18 cm in diameter) using wet hands or with a spatula. Place on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While the crust is in the oven, cut the vegetables and mix the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl.
- Remove the meat crust from the oven and spread the ketchup or tomato sauce evenly over the crust. Cut or tear the cheese into smaller pieces and distribute it on top of the crust.
- Bake for another 2 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Remove from the oven.
- Place the burger crust on plates. Top with tomatoes, onion, and lettuce. Drizzle the dressing on top and serve.