Mexican steak strips with salad and guacamole
- 1 lb 450 g sirloin steak, cut into stripssirloin steaks, cut into strips
- 2 tsp 2 tsp taco seasoning
- salt and ground black pepper
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 (7 oz.) 1 (200 g) ripe avocadoripe avocados
- ½ (2 oz.) ½ (55 g) white onion, grated or finely choppedwhite onions, grated or finely chopped
- 2 tsp 2 tsp lime juice
- ½ (2 oz.) ½ (55 g) tomato, dicedtomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp , finely chopped
- 1 1 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups (4 oz.) 475 ml (110 g) leafy greens or chopped lettuce
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) tomato, dicedtomatoes, diced
- 2 oz. 55 g cucumber, diced
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Mexican steak strips
- Remove the steak from the refrigerator at least 10 minutes before cooking.
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel and cut into strips. Season with salt, pepper, and taco seasoning.
- Heat up your pan, preferably cast iron, over high heat. It's ready when it starts to smoke a bit.
- Add the oil to the pan and then the steak strips. Cook until nicely browned all over. Remove the pan from the heat and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Peel the avocado and mash with a fork.
- Add the onion, lime juice, tomato, cilantro, and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper, and mix until well combined.
- Prepare the vegetables and add them to a bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and season to taste.