Sausage stroganoff with cauliflower and parsley rice
- 1 (5 oz.) 1 (140 g) , in thin slices, in thin slices
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) , in thin slices, in thin slices
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lb 450 g chorizo or other good quality sausage
- 1 oz. (4 tbsp) 28 g (60 ml) sun-dried tomatoes in oil, preferably in olive oil
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 cup 240 ml
- salt and pepper
- 1½ lbs 650 g cauliflower
- 2 oz. 55 g butter
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Fry or grill the sausage until fully cooked through, put aside to cool a little.
- Fry the pepper and onion in butter in the same pan used for the sausage on medium-high heat.
- Cut the sausage into bite-sized pieces and add them back to the pan with the vegetables. Stir and fry for another minute.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, lower the heat to medium-low and let simmer and thicken for about 10-15 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with fried cauliflower and parsley rice.
- Shred the cauliflower using the coarse side of a grater. You can also use a food processor, just stop in time so you don't end up making it too finely shredded.
- Heat up a large frying pan and add butter. Fry the riced cauliflower on high heat for a few minutes while stirring it. Salt and pepper to taste. Add chopped parsley and mix before serving.
Cauliflower and parsley rice
You can use strips or cubes of beef or chicken instead of sausage. This may require additional seasonings like garlic and paprika, as the spices in the sausage adds to the flavor.
Recommended special equipment
Grater or food processor