Sausage stroganoff with cauliflower and parsley rice
Oh, yes. We went there. We’ve elevated the classic stroganoff to new heights by incorporating savory sausage and pairing it with fluffy cauliflower. Effortless stunning low-carb amazingness!
- 1 1 red bell pepperred bell peppers
- 1 1 yellow onionyellow onions
- 2 oz. 50 g butter
- 1 lb 450 g chorizo or other good quality sausage
- 1 oz. 30 g sun-dried tomatoes in oil, preferably in olive oil
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp dried thyme
- 1¼ cups 300 ml heavy whipping cream or sour cream
- salt and pepper
Fried cauliflower and parsley rice
- 1½ lbs 650 g cauliflower
- 4 oz. 110 g butter
- ¼ cup 60 ml chopped fresh parsley
- Fry or grill the sausage until fully cooked through, put aside to cool a little.
- Cut the bell pepper and onion in thin slices.
- Fry the pepper and onion in butter in the same pan used for the sausage on medium high heat.
- Cut the sausage in bite-sized pieces and add them back in the pan with the vegetables. Stir and fry for another minute.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, lower the heat to medium low and let simmer and thicken for about 10-15 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with fried cauliflower and parsley rice.
Cauliflower and parsley rice
- Shred the cauliflower using the coarse side of a grater. You can also use a food processor, just stop in time so you don't end up making it too finely shredded.
- Heat up a large frying pan and add butter. Fry the riced cauliflower on high heat for a few minutes while stirring it. Salt and pepper to taste. Add chopped parsley and mix before serving.
You can use strips or cubes of beef or chicken instead of sausage. This may require additional seasonings like garlic and paprika, as the spices in the sausage adds to the flavor.