Oven-roasted turkey thighs with mushroom sauce
These well-seasoned, butter-basted turkey thighs are oven-roasted to perfection. Serve with a silky creamy mushroom sauce and enjoy this succulent five-star low carb dish!
- 3 lbs 1.4 kg turkey thigh
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried sage or dried oregano
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp dried rosemary
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 2 (8 oz.) 2 (220 g) yellow onion, cut into wedgesyellow onions, cut into wedges
- 5 oz. 140 g butter
- 11⁄3 cups 325 ml heavy whipping cream
- ½ lb (3¼ cups) 220 g (750 ml) mushrooms
- 1 lb (5 cups) 450 g (1.2 liters) broccoli
- salt and pepper
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place the thighs in a baking dish with high sides. Season thoroughly.
- Place onion wedges around the thighs. Cover everything with thinly sliced butter. Reserve a third of the butter for frying the mushrooms.
- Roast in the oven for 2-2.5 hours. Add some water after an hour so you get some delicious cooking juices for the sauce.
- Pierce the thigh and check if the juices run clear, it should not be pink. The meat should have an internal temperature of at least 160°F (72°C) when cooked through. Once cooked, let rest for a few minutes before slicing.
- Fry the mushrooms in butter and set aside. Collect the turkey drippings in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add cream. Keep boiling and let simmer until the sauce thickens. Taste to see if additional seasoning is necessary.
- Add in the mushrooms or serve separately.
- Serve with freshly cooked broccoli and enjoy!