Meatballs in ginger-soy broth
- 3 3 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp , finely chopped
- ¾ lb 325 g ground beef or ground turkey
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 (8 oz.) 2 (240 g)
- 2½ cups 600 ml water
- ½ cup 120 ml
- 2 (1 oz.) 2 (30 g)
- Add garlic, ginger, and cilantro to a bowl with the meat and season with a little salt and black pepper. Mix just until combined (do not over-mix). Roll the mixture into balls about 1 to 1½ " (3 to 4 cm) in diameter with wet hands. They will shrink during cooking.
- Cut the peppers into thin rings. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook the bell peppers until tender. Add water and soy sauce. Season with pepper. Before adding salt, taste the mixture, since soy sauce is already salty.
- Bring the broth to a boil and add the meatballs. Simmer until they are cooked through (about 7 to 15 minutes). If you really want to be sure that they are done, take one out and cut it open.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the scallions at an angle. Sprinkle them over the soup right before serving.