Meatballs in ginger-soy broth
- 3 3 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp (6 g) fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp , finely chopped
- ¾ lb 325 g ground beef
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 2
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2½ cups 600 ml water
- ½ cup 125 ml tamari soy sauce
- 2 2
- Add garlic, ginger, and cilantro to a bowl with the meat and season with a little salt and black pepper. Mix just until combined (do not over-mix). Roll the mixture into balls about 1 to 1½ " (3 to 4 cm) in diameter. They will shrink during cooking.
- Cut the peppers into thin rings. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook the bell peppers until tender. Add water and soy sauce. Season with pepper. Before adding salt, taste the mixture, since soy sauce is already salty.
- Bring the broth to a boil and add the meatballs. Simmer until they are cooked through (see tip).
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the scallions at an angle. Sprinkle them over the soup right before serving.