Cheese-filled chicken breast with guacamole
- 1½ lbs 650 g chicken breast (without skin)chicken breasts (without skin)
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1 or , finely chopped, finely chopped
- 1 1 garlic clove, finely choppedgarlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp pickled jalapeños, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground cumin
- 3 oz. 75 g cream cheese
- 1 cup 225 ml (100 g) shredded cheese
- salt and pepper
- 4 4 tooth picktooth picks
- 2 2 ripe avocadoripe avocados
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp 2 tsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp olive oil
- 5 tbsp 5 tbsp
- 1 1 tomato, dicedtomatoes, diced
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup 225 ml (optional)
- 8 oz. 225 g (1 liter) leafy greens or lettuce
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Sauté bell peppers and garlic in oil until soft. Place in a bowl and reserve to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add jalapeños, spices, and both kinds of cheese to the bowl. Mix well.
- Cut chicken breasts lengthwise partway through, along the thinnest part, so you can open it like a book.
- Add a big dollop of cheese batter and close with a toothpick. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Fry until golden brown, in oil or butter. Place in a baking dish.
- You can place the remaining cheese batter on top or just in the baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the chicken breasts are thoroughly cooked. Remember to remove the toothpick before serving.
- Serve with leafy greens, a generous amount of guacamole, and sour cream.
- Peel the avocados and mash with a fork, grate or chop the garlic finely, squeeze the lime, and pour in the juice.
- Add tomato, olive oil, and finely chopped cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and blend well.
Don’t throw away that avocado pit! Place it in the guacamole to keep it green.