Low-carb Beef Rydberg
- 1¾ lbs 800 g rutabaga, finely diced
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter, for frying
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp light olive oil, for frying
- 2 2 yellow onion, finely choppedyellow onions, finely chopped
- 1½ lbs 650 g beef, tenderloin, at room temperature
- salt and pepper
- 4 4 egg yolkegg yolks
- fresh parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp Dijon mustard (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 170°F (75°C).
- Fry the diced rutabaga in half of the oil and half of the butter until golden brown and soft. Season with salt and pepper. Move the fried rutabaga to a large ovenproof dish and keep warm in the oven.
- Fry onion over medium-high heat until soft and golden. Salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm in the oven together with the rutabaga.
- Dice the meat the same way as the rutabaga and fry in butter over high heat. The meat may be a little pink inside.
- Remove the rutabaga and the onion from the oven and place the meat in the same dish. To make it truly Swedish, serve with raw egg yolks(one per serving), some finely chopped parsley and a dollop of French Dijon mustard.
If raw egg yolks are too adventurous for you and your dinner mates, feel free to poach the yolks gently in a water bath before serving or to leave them out entirely.
Sour cream as a garnish can also substitute for the egg yolk to add a little extra protein and visual flare.