Keto chicken rollups
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter for greasing
- 12 (7 oz.) 12 (190 g) green asparagus spears
- 11⁄5 lbs 550 g chicken breastchicken breasts
- 4 oz. 110 g ham, cured, sliced
- 5 oz. (1¼ cups) 140 g (290 ml) Gouda cheese, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup 80 ml white wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 9"x13" (23 x 33 cm) baking dish with butter.
- Steam the asparagus for 5-10 minutes, or until it turns bright green.
- Using a sharp knife, slice each chicken breast in half, lengthwise. Place each half between two pieces of plastic film and beat with a meat mallet, or rolling pin to flatten them.
- Remove the plastic film and season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Layer the chicken with a slice of ham, followed by a slice of cheese.
- Cut the asparagus in half and place it on top of the cheese; use two asparagus spears per portion.
- Roll the chicken around the asparagus and insert a toothpick, to hold the roll together.
- Place the roll-ups in the baking dish, brush each with olive oil and add white wine to the pan.
- Bake uncovered in the center of the oven for 20 minutes.
- To serve, remove the toothpicks and cut each roll-up diagonally, through the center.