Ground beef with roasted peppers and eggplant
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (120 g) , quartered and seeded, quartered and seeded
- 1 lb 450 g , cut into 1/2" (1 cm) thick slabs
- 2 (8 oz.) 2 (230 g) tomato, halvedtomatoes, halved
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- salt and ground black pepper
- ¾ lb 325 g ground beef or ground chicken
- 1 1 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Italian seasoning or dried oregano
- 3 oz. (2¾ cups) 85 g (650 ml) baby spinach
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Prep the bell pepper, eggplant, and tomatoes and arrange them on a baking sheet. Drizzle with half the olive oil and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Roast for 15 minutes, flip the eggplant slices and roast for an additional 15 minutes or until the vegetables are lightly browned and the eggplant is soft.
- Meanwhile, heat the rest of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meat and garlic and cook, stirring to break up the clumps, until browned. Add Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Add the spinach and cook until the spinach wilts and the meat is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the meat mixture with the roasted vegetables.