Classic keto steak tartare
- 10 oz. 275 g beef, tenderloin
- ½ ½
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp small capers
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp (20 g) parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh horseradish, grated
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 1½ oz. 40 g baby gem lettuce
- 2 oz. 50 g canned beets, diced
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- coarse salt
- ground black pepper
- Finely chop the onion, beets and parsley.
- Shred the parmesan and horseradish.
- Rinse the salad and place them on the plate.
- Finely chop or grind the beef (your local butcher can also provide this service for you). Divide into equal parts, one per serving. Shape into patties with an indentation in the center.
- Separate the eggs, set aside each yolk in one half of an egg shell. The egg white will not be used for this recipe but save it in the fridge in an air-tight container for other recipes or omelets.
- Serve each patty on a plate. Spread the onion, beets, capers, parmesan, and small dollops of Dijon mustard around the patty. Sprinkle horseradish and parsley on top.
- Finally position the egg yolk in the center of each patty. Serve with salt and pepper to taste.
Reduce the serving size and serve smaller portions as a starter. Just make sure to always keep the one egg per serving!
Put the meat in the freezer for 15 minutes before chopping to stiffen it, making the meat easier to work with.
For a finer and more uneven cut, use the edge of a sharp knife to scrape the meat instead of chopping it.
There are endless variations of steak tartare. Try serving with fried capers, use eggs from quail or add a dash of cognac to the meat. Let your imagination run wild!
Lots of varieties of beef can be used for this recipe. Best suited are tender steak cuts of beef with very low fat content and no connective tissue. Multiple cuts can be blended together, creating even more combinations of flavor. Do not use ground beef, however, as you cannot control the quality of the ingredients and store-bought ground beef should not be eaten raw.
Combine the Dijon mustard with mayonnaise to increase the fat content of this dish.