Baked egg pots with chorizo and feta cheese
- 2 oz. (2 cups) 55 g (425 ml) fresh spinach
- 1 tsp 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 2 large egglarge eggs
- 2 oz. 55 g chorizo (see tip)
- ¼ cup (11⁄3 oz.) 60 ml (38 g) feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 oz. 55 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Place spinach in oven-proof, 12 oz (360 ml) ramekins, or mugs (two per serving), and drizzle with olive oil.
- Crack eggs into the ramekins. Top with the chorizo, feta cheese, and tomatoes.
- Place the ramekins on the middle oven rack, and bake uncovered for 10 to 12 minutes, until the egg whites are set, and the yolks are still runny. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
If using "Spanish" chorizo (hard and cured), dice, or cut it into small cubes. If using fully cooked chorizo sausage links, simply crumble the sausage after removing it from the casing.
No time to cook? Use a microwave and cook on high for 1 to 2 minutes until the whites are set, and the yolks are runny. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Diet Doctor receives no payment or other considerations from the sale of Martina’s cookbooks or the publishing of this post. ↩