Veal liver with bacon and butter-fried veggies
Pan-fried veal liver with crispy bacon is a classic flavorful combination. In this low carb recipe we've paired this already winning combo with butter-fried veggies and capers, and splashed with a yummy red wine sauce. Rewarding for body and soul!
- 4 4 yellow beetyellow beets
- 1⁄3 lb 160 g sugar snap peas
- 3 oz. (4⁄5 cup) 85 g (200 ml) scallionscallions
- 7 oz. 200 g bacon or smoked pork belly
- 1 lb 450 g veal liver
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp small capers
- ¼ cup 60 ml red wine
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh parsley (optional)
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Clean, peel and chop the vegetables. Pre-cook the beets in lightly salted water for a few minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a hot frying pan, fry the bacon until crispy. Remove and keep warm.
- Fry the liver slices in the same pan over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm.
- Fry the capers in the cooking juices in the same pan. Add red wine and half of the butter. Bring to a boil.
- Melt the rest of the butter in a clean frying pan and warm up the pre-cooked beets and the rest of the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper. Add finely chopped parsley. Serve with the liver, crispy bacon and red wine sauce.