Steak, chips with garlic, and rosemary butter
- 1¼ lbs 550 g , peeled and cut into strips
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter
- 2 2 garlic clove, crushedgarlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1 lb 450 g sirloin steaksirloin steaks or ribeye steak, 1 per portionribeye steaks, 1 per portion
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil the rutabaga in salted water for about 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- While the rutabaga is boiling, heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat and add the butter, garlic, and rosemary sprigs. When hot, add the steaks and season the top sides with salt and plenty of black pepper.
- Fry for about 2 minutes on each side for rare and 3 minutes on each side for medium. Turn the steaks and season the other side. Tilt the pan and spoon the butter over the steaks as you cook them.
- Remove the steaks from the pan and set them aside to rest on a board or warm plate, tipping half of the butter over the top.
- Keep the pan over medium-high heat and add the rutabaga. Season and fry the chips for 3–4 minutes or until lightly browned all over. Serve straight away with the steaks.
Add a handful of greens drizzled with olive oil for a little color and to make it a complete meal.
If you want the fries to cook faster, cut into shoestring strips and cut boiling time to 6-7 minutes or until tender.
Diet Doctor’s recipe team has slightly adjusted this recipe to follow our guidelines. You’ll find the original recipe in Katie’s cookbook, "The 30 Minute Diabetes Cookbook: Eat to Beat Diabetes with 100 Easy Low-carb Recipes". Diet Doctor receives no payment or other considerations from the sale of Katie’s cookbooks or the publishing of this post.