Spicy keto chicken casserole
- 1½ lbs 650 g chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieceschicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 10 oz. 280 g bacon, coarsely chopped
- 2 2 garlic clove, pressedgarlic cloves, pressed
- 5 oz. (1½ cups) 140 g (375 ml) broccoli, cut into small florets
- 7 oz. 200 g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 tsp 2 tsp sambal oelek
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- 2 cups 475 ml
- 1 cup (4 oz.) 240 ml (120 g) shredded cheese
- salt and pepper
- butter, to grease casserole dish
- 8 oz. (4 cups) 230 g (1 liter) leafy greens
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) small red onion, divided and thinly slicedsmall red onions, divided and thinly sliced
- 10 oz. 280 g cherry tomatoes, cut into quarts
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Lightly grease a 9 x 12" (23 x 20 cm) casserole dish with butter.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the bacon and fry until crispy. Remove from pan and distribute it in a casserole dish.
- Using the bacon fat, fry the chicken together with garlic and salt and pepper for about 15 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink. Add chicken to the casserole dish.
- Distribute cauliflower and broccoli evenly among the chicken in the baking dish.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together heavy whipping cream, tomato paste, and sambal oelek. Season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Pour the sauce into the baking dish, spreading it over the chicken, vegetables, and bacon.
- Cover with foil to prevent burning. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil and add shredded cheese on top of the casserole. Put the baking dish back into the oven, uncovered, and bake for about 15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and light gold.
- Serve with a fresh salad.
For a thicker sauce, add a tablespoon of cream cheese to the saucepan when bringing the cream sauce to a boil, stirring well so it melts and becomes very smooth.