Low-carb hearty chicken and vegetable stew
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter or ghee or olive oil
- 7 oz. (2 cups) 200 g (475 ml) celery stalk, dicedcelery stalks, diced
- 4 oz. (2⁄3 cup) 110 g (160 ml) , diced, diced
- 2 2 garlic clove, finely choppedgarlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1¾ lbs 800 g boneless chicken thighs
- 5 cups 1.2 liters chicken stock
- 1 (5 oz.) 1 (140 g)
- 7 oz. 200 g , cut into chunks
- 14 oz. 400 g fresh or frozen cauliflower florets
- Salt ground black pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley, for garnishing (optional)
- Place the butter into a heavy-based pot and melt over medium-high heat. Stir in the celery, onion, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook until softened, for about 7-10 minutes.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Add and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add half of the chicken stock to the pot. Cover and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a new saucepan, add the cauliflower and remaining chicken broth. Bring to a boil over high heat, and then reduce to medium-low. Cover, and simmer for about 5 minutes to soften the cauliflower. Once softened, blend with an immersion blender or hand mixer until smooth.
- Combine the chicken mixture with the blended cauliflower broth (creating a thicker base for the stew). Cut the bell pepper into 1/4 inch (0.5cm) and zucchini and stir together. Let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with fresh parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
If you prefer a thinner soup, add some more chicken broth to your desired consistency. Some like it thin and some thick.
Spice it up by adding some yellow curry powder.
Start your FREE 30-day trial!
Get delicious recipes, amazing meal plans, video courses, health guides, and weight loss advice from doctors, dietitians, and other experts.