Keto fauxtato pancakes with fried pork belly
- 8 8 eggeggs
- 2 cups 475 ml
- ½ cup 120 ml water
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¾ lb 325 g , finely grated
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) , finely grated, finely grated
- ¾ lb 325 g pork belly
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter, for frying
- ½ cup 120 ml lingonberries (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 210°F (100°C).
- Whisk the eggs, cream, and water with an electric mixer until you get a smooth batter. Salt and pepper. Slowly sprinkle in the psyllium husk powder while mixing continuously to avoid lumps. Set aside to thicken for about 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini and onion to the batter.
- In a large frying pan, fry the pork belly in butter until crispy. Keep the pork belly warm in the oven. Reserve the fat in the pan for frying the pancakes.
- Fry the pancakes over medium-low heat. Use ½ cup (100 ml) of batter per pancake. Don't be too eager, wait until the top is almost done before flipping the pancakes.
- Serve the pancakes with the crispy pork belly and some lingonberries, if you're using any.
Serve with sour cream and chives.