Keto beef and broccoli rice bowl with miso dressing
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp lime juice or lemon juice
- 1 tsp 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- ½ tsp ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 lb 450 g beef, tenderloin or flank steak
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2½ oz. (¾ cup) 70 g (180 ml) broccoli, riced
- 2½ oz. (1 cup) 70 g (240 ml) , chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2¾ oz. (½ cup) 80 g (130 ml) , diced, diced
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp , finely sliced, finely sliced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
- Microwave the miso paste with the water for a few seconds and give it a good mix to loosen it up.
- Add the rest of the dressing ingredients and mix until well combined. Pour it into a piping bag or squeeze bottle if you have one. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the sesame oil, soy sauce, and vinegar. Combine with the beef cubes or steaks. Set aside.
- While the meat is marinating, grate the broccoli using a food processor, or finely chop with a knife. Put the riced broccoli in a bowl and season with salt. Microwave for two minutes. Alternatively, you can cook it in a pan with some butter/ghee till tender. If you want the broccoli rice to be hot when serving, cook it right before you assemble the bowl.
- In a large hot pan, sear the beef (save the marinade for later), season with salt and pepper, and cook it to your liking. Remove the meat from the pan and let it rest.
- Add the purple cabbage to the same pan and add the remaining marinade from the beef. Cook until the cabbage is tender.
- Slice the beef into strips or bite-sized pieces.
- Distribute the broccoli rice, beef, cabbage, and yellow peppers in serving bowls. Finish the bowls with spring onion, a drizzle of the miso dressing, and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
Fried beef and vegetables
Assembling the bowl
Diet Doctor’s recipe team has slightly adjusted this recipe to follow our guidelines. You’ll find the original recipe in Sahil's cookbook, "Keto Life".