Keto beef and broccoli rice bowl with miso dressing
This simple keto Asian beef bowl by Headbanger's Kitchen has cabbage, bell pepper, spring onions, and a delicious miso dressing. The best part is that you can make it your own with whatever you have leftover in the fridge.
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp lime juice or lemon juice
- 1 tsp 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- ½ tsp ½ tsp sesame oil
Fried beef and vegetables
- 1 lb 450 g beef, tenderloin or flank steak
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2½ oz. (¾ cup) 70 g (180 ml) broccoli, riced
- 2½ oz. (1 cup) 70 g (240 ml) red cabbage, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2¾ oz. (½ cup) 80 g (130 ml) yellow bell pepper, dicedyellow bell peppers, diced
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp scallion, finely slicedscallions, finely sliced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Microwave the miso paste with the water for a few seconds and give it a good stir to loosen it up.
- Add the rest of the dressing ingredients and mix until well combined. Pour it into a piping bag or squeeze bottle if you have one. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the sesame oil, soy sauce, and vinegar. Combine with the beef cubes or steaks. Set aside.
- While the meat is marinating, grate the broccoli using a food processor, or finely chop with a knife. Put the riced broccoli in a bowl and season with salt. Microwave for two minutes. Alternatively, you can cook it in a pan with some butter/ghee till tender. If you want the broccoli rice to be hot when serving, cook it right before you assemble the bowl.
- In a large hot pan, sear the beef (save the marinade for later), season with salt and pepper, and cook it to your liking. Remove the meat from the pan and let it rest.
- Add the cabbage to the same pan and add the remaining marinade from the beef. Cook until the cabbage is tender.
- Slice the beef into strips or bite-sized pieces.
- Distribute the broccoli rice, beef, cabbage, and yellow peppers in serving bowls. Finish the bowls with scallions, a drizzle of the miso dressing, and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
Fried beef and vegetables
Assembling the bowl
Diet Doctor’s recipe team has slightly adjusted this recipe to follow our guidelines. You’ll find the original recipe in Sahil's cookbook, "Keto Life".
You could use any miso paste that you have on hand. If you are new to miso paste and want a more mild flavor before you decide if you like it or not, you could try a white miso as it's more mild.