High-protein breakfast with Canadian bacon, eggs, and spinach
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter or olive oil, divided
- 3 3 large egglarge eggs
- 2 (2 oz.) 2 (55 g) slices Canadian bacon
- ½ cup (½ oz.) 120 ml (15 g) baby spinach
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat up a large skillet on medium-high heat with half of the butter.
- When hot, crack the eggs straight into the pan, season with salt and pepper and fry until the whites are set. Put a lid on the pan, or flip the eggs over and cook for an additional minute.
- Remove the eggs from the pan and add the bacon and spinach. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fry until the bacon darkens and the spinach has wilted.
- Put everything on a plate and top the spinach with the rest of the butter before serving.
Swap Canadian bacon with regular bacon or turkey bacon.
Cook the eggs any way you like. You can also hard boil the eggs and make extra for breakfast later in the week, or for a quick high-protein snack.
Spinach can be substituted with kale.