Chorizo and pepper cauliflower rice
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 8 oz. 230 g chorizo, sliced
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) , finely sliced, finely sliced
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (120 g) , roughly chopped, roughly chopped
- 2 2 garlic clove, crushedgarlic cloves, crushed
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp chili flakes
- 11 oz. 300 g cauliflower, riced
- 2 tsp 2 tsp harissa paste
- 1⁄3 cup 80 ml hot water
- 1½ oz. (51⁄3 tbsp) 45 g (80 ml) black olives, pited
- 1½ oz. (42⁄3 tbsp) 45 g (70 ml) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 2 large egglarge eggs
- salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Fry the chorizo, onion, red pepper, and garlic.
- Add water, cauliflower rice, chili flakes, harissa paste, and stir thoroughly.
- Add olives and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover with a lid and simmer for 6 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft.
- Remove the lid and season with salt and pepper to taste. If any water remains, allow it to evaporate over medium high-heat, stirring continuously.
- Heat up another frying pan, add the rest of the oil and fry the eggs to your liking.
- Scatter crumbled feta on top of the chorizo and cauliflower rice and serve with the fried eggs.
For a vegetarian alternative, skip the chorizo and add a little more feta.
We suggest using chorizo with a high-meat content, free from additives.
Diet Doctor's recipe team has slightly adjusted this recipe to follow our guidelines. You’ll find the original recipe in Katie's cookbook, "The Low Carb Weight‑Loss Cookbook".