The wonderful thing about pork chops is they’re like a blank canvas. Why not top them with an array of flavors and textures, packed with silky onions and salty bacon. Create your low-carb masterpiece!
- 4 oz. 110 g bacon, chopped
- 1 1 yellow onion, thinly slicedyellow onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 4 pork choppork chops
- ½ cup 125 ml chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons 60 ml heavy whipping cream
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to a bowl and reserve bacon grease.
- Add onion to bacon grease and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for 15 to 20 minutes, until onions are soft and golden brown. Add onions to bacon in the bowl.
- Increase heat to medium high and sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Add chops to pan and brown on the first side for 3 minutes. Flip chops and reduce heat to medium, cooking on the second side until internal temperature reaches 135°F (58°C), about 7 to 10 more minutes. Remove to a platter and tent with foil.
- Add broth to pan and scrape up any browned bits. Add cream and simmer until mixture is thickened, 2 or 3 minutes. Return onions and bacon to pan and stir to combine.
- Top pork chops with onion and bacon mixture and serve.
Green it up! Hearty and rich pork chops are perfectly complemented with a generous helping of fresh, spicy greens, such as arugula.
This recipe was originally posted on “All Day I Dream About Food”. Reposted with permission.