- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g)
- 3 3 large garlic clovelarge garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 lbs 900 g ground beef or ground turkey
- 1½ tsp 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 14 oz. 400 g
- 14 oz. (12⁄3 cups) 400 g (400 ml) canned cherry tomatoes or crushed tomatoes
- 11⁄3 lbs 600 g
- ½ cup (¼ oz.) 120 ml (8 g)
- 1 1 red chili pepper, slicedred chili peppers, sliced (optional)
- 1 1 lemon, wedgeslemons, wedges (optional)
- Dice the yellow onion and finely chop the garlic cloves.
- Heat a large frying pan, or preferably a wok, over medium-high heat and add the coconut oil.
- Add the yellow onion, garlic, and ginger to the pan and fry for 1-2 minutes until fragrant and translucent.
- Add the ground beef, salt, and pepper to the pan. Break up the meat into smaller pieces with a spatula while frying.
- When the meat is cooked, add the coconut milk and canned cherry tomatoes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for at least 5 minutes to allow the flavors to develop and the sauce to thicken.
- Trim and chop the green beans into bite-sized pieces, add them to the stew. Give it a stir and simmer for 3 more minutes. The beans should still be "al dente". Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Transfer the stew into individual bowls or to a big serving bowl. Garnish with cilantro, red chili, and lemon wedges (if using).
This is a great dish for meal prepping.
Double or triple the recipe and store in the fridge for up to 3 days, or freeze in serving-sized portions for up to 3 months.