- 11⁄3 lbs 600 g ground pork
- ½ ½ yellow onion, mincedyellow onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 11⁄3 lbs 600 g green cabbage
- 2 oz. 55 g butter or coconut oil
- 1 oz. 28 g scallionscallions
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 1 red chili pepperred chili peppers
- 2 oz. 55 g radishradishes
- ¾ cup 200 ml mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- ½ tablespoon ½ tablespoon fresh thai basil, finely chopped
Nutrition84% Fat11% Protein4% Carbs
- Slice the chili pepper and scallions for the pickled onion salad. Mix rice vinegar, water and salt in a small bowl. Add chili and scallions and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Chop radishes finely and mix with the thai basil and mayonnaise. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside until serving.
- Preheat the oven to 200°F (100°C). Mix all ingredients for the meatballs. Use wet hands and shape into 18-20 balls. Fry in oil until thoroughly cooked and golden brown. Keep warm in the oven.
- Shred the cabbage using a sharp knife, mandolin slicer or a food processor. Fry in butter or oil in a large skillet placed on medium high heat. Stir occasionally until the cabbage is browned, but still a bit chewy.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Plate the cabbage with the meatballs on top and serve the sauce and pickled onions on the side.
You can also make these meatballs using ground poultry which tastes great with the Asian flavors.