Strawberry basil pork chops
Fruit on meat? Have we gone mad? Wait until you try it. You will wonder how you ever made it this far in life without eating strawberries on your pork. With minimal ingredients and a quick cook time, this recipe is perfect for busy weeknights or meal prep.
- 2 lbs 900 g thick cut, boneless pork chopthick cut, boneless pork chops
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 12 12 fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 20 20 leaves fresh basil, torn
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp olive oil
- 10 10 salami slices, cut into thin strips
- 2 oz. (2 cups) 55 g (425 ml) baby spinach
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Season the pork generously on both sides with salt and pepper and let rest to come to room temperature, about 20 minutes.
- While the pork is resting, combine the strawberries, basil, balsamic vinegar, 1/3 of the olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Toss to combine and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a large oven proof skillet. Once the pan is hot, add the pork chops to the pan and sear on both sides until golden brown and caramelized, about 3 minutes each side.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cooked all the way through.
- While the pork is cooking, toss the salami in with the strawberries and basil.
- Top the pork chops with the strawberry basil mixture before serving. Serve together with baby spinach.
We want to prevent them from burning.
We haven't tried any of these options, but either could work.
Thank you! I am glad you enjoyed this dish.
So glad you love it! It is such a fun mix of flavors!
Hi, Camilla! Yes, that should be fine!