Strawberry basil pork chops
- 2 lbs 900 g thick cut, boneless pork chopthick cut, boneless pork chops
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 12 12 fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 20 20 leaves fresh basil, torn
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp olive oil
- 10 10 salami slices, cut into thin strips
- 2 oz. (2 cups) 55 g (425 ml) baby spinach
- Season the pork generously on both sides with salt and pepper and let rest to come to room temperature, about 20 minutes.
- While the pork is resting, combine the strawberries, basil, balsamic vinegar, 1/3 of the olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Toss to combine and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a large oven proof skillet. Once the pan is hot, add the pork chops to the pan and sear on both sides until golden brown and caramelized, about 3 minutes each side.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cooked all the way through.
- While the pork is cooking, toss the salami in with the strawberries and basil.
- Top the pork chops with the strawberry basil mixture before serving. Serve together with baby spinach.