Pork loin roast with blue cheese sprouts
- 1½ lbs 650 g pork tenderloin
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp butter
- 1 lb 450 g Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup 240 ml or
- 5 oz. 140 g blue cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C). Fry the tenderloin in butter until it turns a nice color on both sides. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Move to a baking dish and roast for 15-20 minutes in the oven. If you need some extra help, use a meat thermometer. When the temperature gets to 155-160°F (68-70°C), the meat is ready.
- Rinse and trim the Brussels sprouts and cut in half. Parboil in lightly salted water for a few minutes, until slightly softened but still al dente.
- Mix sour cream and crumbled blue cheese in a bowl. Add the sprouts. Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir.
- Remove the tenderloin from the oven and let it rest under aluminium foil for a 10 minutes. Slice and serve with the Brussels sprout salad and pan juices.
Don't waste those pan drippings! Instead of parboiling the Brussels sprouts you can add more butter to the pan used to fry the meat, and fry the sprouts for several minutes for even more flavor.