Pan-seared steak with yellow rice
- ¾ lb 325 g cauliflower
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 2 garlic clove, slicedgarlic cloves, sliced
- 1 lb 450 g sirloin steak
- 1 tsp 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) , sliced, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Using a grater or grater attachment on a food processor, shred the cauliflower.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the yellow rice on a sheet pan and toss together until all of the riced cauliflower is yellow.
- Spread the seasoned rice out evenly over the sheet pan. Roast on the bottom rack for 20 minutes.
- While the rice cooks in the oven prepare the steak. Rub the meat with garlic powder and salt and place it in a bowl.
- Add the orange juice and olive oil and smother with sliced onions. Toss everything together and let it sit, marinating for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. When it comes to temperature, put the steak in the skillet with the marinade and sliced onions. Sear on one side for 4 minutes then flip over and cook another 4-5 minutes. Remove the steaks from the skillet and top with the onions.
- Remove the cauliflower rice from the oven and serve 1 cup with each steak.
- Add half an avocado to each plate and drizzle with olive oil. Finish with salt and cilantro.