Beef Stroganoff with cauliflower rice
- 25 oz. 700 g sirloin steak, sliced across the grain
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter for frying
- 2 2 yellow onion, halved and slicedyellow onions, halved and sliced
- 2 2 garlic clove, finely choppedgarlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 cups 700 ml water
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 cup 225 ml heavy whipping cream
- 25 oz. 700 g cauliflower, shredded or frozen cauliflower rice
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp butter for frying
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- In a large pan over medium heat, fry the garlic and onion in butter until they become soft. Put aside. Increase the heat to medium high and stir fry the meat for a couple of minutes on each side until lightly browned and seared.
- Add onion, tomato paste, dijon mustard, paprika, thyme and water.
- Let simmer on low heat until the meat is tender, approximately 1 hour. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add heavy cream and let simmer for 10 more minutes.
- During this time you shred cauliflower which you fry in butter, add salt to taste.
- Serve the beef Stroganoff together with the cauliflower rice and perhaps some lettuce. Add some parsley on top.