Beef Stroganoff with cauliflower rice
- 1½ lbs 650 g sirloin steak, sliced across the grainsirloin steaks, sliced across the grain
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter for frying
- 2 (8 oz.) 2 (220 g) , halved and sliced, halved and sliced
- 2 2 garlic clove, finely choppedgarlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 cups 700 ml water
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 cup 240 ml
- 1½ lbs 650 g cauliflower, shredded or frozen cauliflower rice
- 2 oz. 55 g butter for frying
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- In a large pan over medium heat, fry the garlic and onion in butter until they become soft. Put aside. Increase the heat to medium-high and stir fry the meat for a couple of minutes on each side until lightly browned and seared.
- Add onion, tomato paste, dijon mustard, paprika, thyme, and water. Let simmer on low heat until the meat is tender, approximately 1 hour. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- After 1 hour, add heavy cream and let simmer for 10 more minutes.
- In a large frying pan on medium-high heat, add butter. When hot, add the cauliflower and fry until softened. Season with salt to taste.
- Serve the beef Stroganoff together with the cauliflower rice and lettuce (optional). Top with some parsley on top.