Keto zoodle pot beef pho
- 6 cups 1.4 liters beef broth
- 1 oz. (41⁄3 tbsp) 28 g (65 ml) scallion, thinly slicedscallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp , finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 2 star anise, whole
- 1 1 cinnamon stickcinnamon sticks
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 7 oz. 200 g zucchini, spiralized, divided equally
- 1 lb 450 g boneless, top sirloin steak, sliced 1/4" (.5 cm) thick by 2" (5 cm) long, divided equally (See Tip)boneless, top sirloin steaks, sliced 1/4" (.5 cm) thick by 2" (5 cm) long, divided equally (See Tip)
- 1 1 lime, cut into wedgeslimes, cut into wedges
- 1 1 red chili pepper, seeded and sliced width-wisered chili peppers, seeded and sliced width-wise
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp finely chopped, fresh cilantro
- Add the beef broth, scallions, ginger, fish sauce, star anise, cinnamon stick, salt, and black pepper into a 6-quart Instant Pot bowl or a 6-quart slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- If using a pressure cooker, seal the lid, press Pressure Cook or Manual, and set the timer for 20 minutes (see Tip). When done, turn the valve to the venting position, to quickly release pressure. If using a slow cooker, cook on high for 4 - 5 hours, or on low for 6 - 8 hours.
- Place a fine-mesh sieve over a large bowl, and strain the solid ingredients from the broth. Transfer the broth to a pot for boiling, and bring it to a boil while it is uncovered. Meanwhile, prepare the soup bowls.
- Place the zucchini noodles in the soup bowls, and nestle the sirloin strips in between the noodles. Ladle the boiling broth over each portion, and let sit for 1 - 2 minutes, while the meat cooks and the noodles become tender.
- Garnish with lime wedges, chili pepper rings, and cilantro.
Instant Pot, Pressure Cooker, timer:
After the timer is set, the cooker will begin to preheat and build pressure (this time, is in addition to the recipe cook time). When optimal pressure is reached, the timer will then start for the cooking cycle.
Trick for cutting Sirloin steak
Place the wrapped steak in the freezer, for 20 - 30 minutes. Remove, and slice thinly against the grain. Wrap, and refrigerate until recipe time.
Instant Pot, slow cooker method
If the pressure cooker lid is being used instead of a glass lid, ensure that the steam release handle is turned to the Venting position.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days or in the freezer for up to a month. To reheat, place in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until heated through.
If you enjoy the taste and the ingredients fit with your lifestyle you could use it. You might find an improved or different flavor with the homemade version.
Hi, Victoria! Sure, that should work well!