Avocado bacon and chicken bunless burger
- 12⁄3 lbs 750 g ground chicken or ground beef
- 1 (½ oz.) 1 (15 g) , finely sliced, finely sliced
- 1 1 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1 1 large egglarge eggs
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup (2¾ oz.) 120 ml (80 g) red onion, sliced in ringsred onions, sliced in rings
- 2 oz. 55 g bacon
- 1 oz. 28 g butterhead lettuce, 2 whole leaves per serving
- 1 (7 oz.) 1 (200 g) avocado, slicedavocados, sliced
- Mix the ground chicken with scallions, garlic, egg, salt, and pepper.
- Divide the burger mixture into equal portions, one per serving. Shape with your hands into burger patties. Make one big patty per serving or two smaller ones.
- Fry the onion rings and bacon in a frying pan until the bacon is crispy and the onion has softened. Remove from pan.
- Add the chicken burgers to the same pan used to fry the onions and the bacon, without removing the bacon grease. Fry on both sides until golden and cooked through, with an internal temperature of 165°F (75°C).
- Lay one lettuce leaf on a plate. Assemble the burger by placing the bacon, chicken patties, avocado, and cooked onion rings on top of the lettuce leaf. Fold the lettuce leaf over the patty to make the "bun."
Feel free to add more spices to your meat, like garlic powder, a dash of tamari or paprika.
A dollop of mayo or mustard (sugar-free!) is a nice addition if you wish.
You can also use ground turkey, beef or pork.
Diet Doctor’s Recipe Team has slightly modified this recipe to follow our recipe and nutritional guidelines. You’ll find the original recipe here: Ditch the Carbs - Keto ABC bun-less burger