Spicy keto chicken casserole
- 25 oz. 700 g boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized piecesboneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 10 oz. 275 g bacon, coarsely chopped
- 2 2 garlic clove, pressedgarlic cloves, pressed
- 7 oz. 200 g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 7 oz. 200 g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 tsp 2 tsp sambal oelek
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups 475 ml heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz. 110 g (225 ml) shredded cheese
- salt and pepper
- butter, to grease casserole dish
- 4 oz. 110 g leafy greens
- 1 1 small red onion, divided and thinly slicedsmall red onions, divided and thinly sliced
- 7 oz. 200 g cherry tomatoes, cut into quarts
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Lightly grease a 9 x12 casserole dish with butter.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the bacon and fry until crispy. Remove from pan and distribute in casserole dish.
- Using the bacon fat, fry the chicken together with garlic and salt and pepper for about 15 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink. Add chicken to the casserole dish.
- Distribute cauliflower and broccoli evenly among the chicken in the baking dish.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, whisk together heavy whipping cream, tomato paste and sambal oelek. Season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Pour the sauce into the baking dish, distributing well among chicken, vegetables and bacon.
- Cover with foil to prevent from burning. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil and add shredded cheese on the top of the casserole. Put the baking dish back into the oven, uncovered, and bake for about 15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and light gold.
- Serve with a fresh salad.
For a thicker sauce, add a tablespoon of creamcheese to the saucepan when bringing cream sauce to a boil, stirring well so it melts and becomes very smooth.