Slow-cooked beef stew
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1 small red onion, dicedsmall red onions, diced
- ¼ lb 110 g turnip, diced
- ¼ lb 110 g rutabaga, sliced
- 1 1 small carrot, dicedsmall carrots, diced
- 4 4 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 2 2 bay leafbay leaves
- 1½ tsp 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp fresh sage or fresh oregano
- 1 lb 450 g chuck roast, or any other beef stew meat
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp coconut aminos or tamari soy sauce
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 cups 1 liter
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1 1 limelimes (optional)
- In a 6-quart pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the diced vegetables, garlic and bay leaves. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add in all of the seasonings, fresh herbs and meat. Sauté for another 10 minutes.
- Add in the coconut aminos and vinegar and stir well.
- Pour in the broth and stir well. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and simmer for 4-6 hours. You may also transfer everything to a slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Serve hot and garnish with parsley and a lime wedge.
This soup is really versatile, you can add any vegetables you have around. Peppers, celery, radishes.