Cod with creamy dijon sauce and crispy bacon
- 5 oz. 140 g bacon, cut into smaller pieces
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) , finely chopped, finely chopped
- 1 1 garlic clove, finely choppedgarlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 oz. 28 g butter for frying
- 1½ cups 350 ml
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1½ lbs 650 g cod, boneless fillet filletcod, boneless fillets fillet or other sustainable cut into portion sized pieces
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 lb 450 g , shredded
- 1 (2¼ oz.) 1 (60 g) small carrot, peel into stripssmall carrots, peel into strips
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter for frying
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Fry the bacon in a pan on medium high heat until crispy. Put aside on a plate. Leave the rendered fat in the pan.
- Fry onion and garlic in butter in the same pan, until soft.
- Add heavy cream and mustard. Mix and let it simmer for about 10 minutes until creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper.
- Place the fish in the frying pan and let simmer in the sauce on medium heat for 7-10 minutes, turning halfway through. Taste the sauce and add more seasoning if needed.
- While the fish is simmering, in another large frying pan, melt the butter. Add the cabbage and carrot strips and sauté until tender.
- To plate, place the fish on top of the cabbage and carrots, and cover with generous serving of cream sauce. Garnish with bacon pieces and chopped parsley.