Keto Indian cabbage stir-fry
Prepare to have your taste buds dance with joy. This keto dish has also been dubbed “crack slaw”—because it’s so delicious that it’s addictive! Putting an Indian spin on the recipe ups the ante even more by featuring the spice of curry and the freshness of cilantro. That wonderfulness aside, it also comes together in no time!
- 25 oz. 750 g green cabbage
- 51⁄3 oz. 150 g butter
- 20 oz. 600 g ground pork or ground lamb
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp red curry paste
- ½ ½ yellow onion, finely choppedyellow onions, finely chopped
- 25 tsp 120 ml fresh cilantro
- 1 cup 240 ml mayonnaise
- Shred the cabbage with a knife or in a food processor as finely as possible.
- Fry the cabbage in half of the butter in a large frying pan or wok on medium high heat until softened, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add spices and vinegar. Sauté until fragrant. Place the cabbage in a bowl, and reserve.
- Melt the rest of the butter in the same pan. Add garlic, onion, and curry paste. Sauté for 1 minute. Add ground meat and sauté until the meat is cooked through and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Lower the heat a little and add the cabbage back to the pan. Stir until everything is warmed through.
- Finish seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh cilantro before serving with a dollop of mayonnaise or sour cream.
If you like your curries with a little extra heat, add a diced-and-seeded jalapeno to the recipe!