Keto Indian cabbage stir-fry
- 25 oz. 750 g green cabbage
- 51⁄3 oz. 150 g butter
- 20 oz. 600 g ground pork or ground lamb
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 2 2 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 1 tsp 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp red curry paste
- ½ ½ yellow onion, finely choppedyellow onions, finely chopped
- ½ cup 120 ml fresh cilantro
- 1 cup 240 ml mayonnaise
- Shred the cabbage with a knife or in a food processor as finely as possible.
- Fry the cabbage in half of the butter in a large frying pan or wok on medium high heat until softened, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add spices and vinegar. Sauté until fragrant. Place the cabbage in a bowl, and reserve.
- Melt the rest of the butter in the same pan. Add garlic, onion, and curry paste. Sauté for 1 minute. Add ground meat and sauté until the meat is cooked through and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Lower the heat a little and add the cabbage back to the pan. Stir until everything is warmed through.
- Finish seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh cilantro before serving with a dollop of mayonnaise or sour cream.
If you like your curries with a little extra heat, add a diced-and-seeded jalapeno to the recipe!