High-protein turkey breakfast burger
- 2 oz. 55 g uncooked bacon, cut in half
- 1 lb 450 g ground turkey or ground beef
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 2 large egglarge eggs
- 4 4 butterhead lettuce leaves
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ (2 oz.) ½ (55 g) tomato, slicedtomatoes, sliced
- Fry the bacon in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat until crispy. Move bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to absorb excess fat. Keep warm.
- Shape the meat into two balls per serving. Set aside.
- Place the meatballs in the frying pan over medium heat. Using a spatula or small plate, press down on the meatballs forming burgers. Season generously with salt and pepper. Fry on both sides until browned. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Over medium heat, fry the eggs until cooked to desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper.
- For serving, place the lettuce on a plate, and layer the burgers, mayonnaise, tomato, egg, and bacon on top. Make one big burger or two smaller ones (easier to eat with your hands).
Feel free to add extra seasonings to the ground meat, such as onion, garlic powder, and/or chipotle chili.
If you don't eat pork you can replace the bacon with turkey bacon. In this case, you might need to add some extra fat to the pan when frying since turkey bacon has much less fat.